Direct Cloud connectivity is a way of connecting to external Cloud providers in a dedicated manner, as opposed to connecting over the internet. This provides fast and stable connections to external Cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
A direct connection method will maximize your Cloud experience, whether you use hosted email, document, storage, backup or application systems. Direct Cloud connection services are also scalable to suit both hybrid environments and Cloud only environments.
Whichever product mix you require, our Cloud Connection service can provide the optimum combination of speed, reliability and scalability.
Our Cloud Connection service can offer you:
- Private and dedicated connectivity to the platform of your choice
- Improved application performance, by establishing a more direct and secure path than via public internet services
- Flexibility with workloads – move your environment to the Cloud service most suited to your business needs
- Integration with your network services – we manage our network directly, so we will work with you to find the right mix of connectivity to suit your needs
- More efficient bandwidth usage – direct Cloud connection services can reduce your internet traffic, especially for data-heavy enterprise applications, potentially saving costs
- Potentially lower costs - some Cloud service providers charge different download rates depending upon connectivity. For example, direct connections incur lower AWS download costs when compared with a with public internet access costs (as charged by AWS).
For more information please refer to our Cloud Connection product specifications (PDF 448.3 kb).